“Mallard Mania” Grants
- $2,500 per grant
- Occurs on an annual cycle
- Scored by grant review committee
- Based on score, can be 100%, 75% or 50% funded.
“New Teacher Welcome” Grants
- $100 cash
- Given to every 1st year teacher starting their teaching careers at TISD
- No applications required – awarded to all 1st year teachers
“Duck Bucks” Grants
- Funds for less than $250
- Occurs on a monthly cycle
- One page online form
- Requires approval by campus principal
- Approved monthly by TEE Foundation E-Board
“Game Changer” Grants
- For unique programs requiring equipment, hardware or software needs of larger monetary sums.
- Tailored to enhance programs that will benefit local employment needs.
- Requires approvals at TISD Chief Academic Officer level
- Funds up to $25K per grant
- Will partner with local businesses to raise funds specifically for these program grants
29 GRANTS TOTALING $25, 000 WERE AWARDED IN 2018
EVERY CAMPUS IN THE DISTRICT HAD AT LEAST 1 GRANT RECIPIENT
20, $100 GRANTS AWARDED TO NEW 1ST YEAR TEACHERS
$16, 000 AWARDED FOR DUCK BUCKS GRANTS
Gemini of Taylor donated $31K for programs in 2018 with additional funds available in coming years for continued support of the programs.